If you have an Adafruit LED matrix, like many people you may have ran the demos then put it in a drawer. Or maybe you were a little more ambitious and loaded a project that requires the display.
You may have even decided to start drawing graphics and text, creating your own functions, and then moved on to other more exciting projects.
I however spent the past 5 years (on and off) creating my own library of functions as part of my Arcade Retro Clock RGB project.
I decided to pull out some of these functions and share them in a separate project called LEDarcade.
LEDArcade has many classes, functions, pre-defined sprites that are used to do the following:
- draw a sprite
- move a sprite
- make a sprite float across the screen
- draw colorful animated sprites floating across the screen
- draw text of multiple sizes
- scroll text left or right at various speeds
- multiple ways to clear the screen (zooming in / zooming out / fading)
- scroll the screen around a large map, displaying only a section of the map in a window
There are many more functions available but they are fairly complex. As this project moves forward I will create more examples and document each function.
I hope you can use these functions in your own project. Try it out and give me some feedback.